Thursday, January 8, 2015

What's a Girl Gotta Do?

Motivation...

a. Shedding for the wedding!
b. Healthier living.
c. A better wardrobe.
d. Crazy good weather.

So... we've decided to not only get in better shape but to hike Arizona. Yep. Me, who has said a thousand times that I will not hike again - I am going to hike.

And here are the new shoes to prove it.



My sweet husband and I have started small this first week of January and set out for South Mountain Park (https://www.phoenix.gov/parks/trails/locations/south-mountain.)

Sun was shining, sky was blue, air temp at a crisp 45 degrees ~ a perfect day for hiking.






Oh... the cool stuff you'll see out in the desert. There are loads of trails here for beginners and a good friend of mine who is a serious 7-year hiker (Thanks Chris Huch) set us in motion. Even Wyatt got a chance to wander with us!




Our easy 2-mile hike did wear me out a bit but I'm raring to keep it going next week. I'll keep you posted - cheer me on!!

Hike #1 - South Mountain Phoenix
:) Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment