Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Deb's Real Life

It's the middle of January and we're feeling like springtime here in the Valley of the Sun. Temps were in the 70's and Papago Park beckoned for this week's quick 3-mile hike with Jeff and Wyatt.




Papago Park is situated smack-dab in the middle of our glorious city. Check it out for yourself right here:  https://www.phoenix.gov/parks/trails/locations/papago-park and then get out there!




You can see how the cave-like formations and red-rock buttes were conducive to home-making for the ancient Hohokom who lived in this area thousands of years ago. But here's what I didn't know... German prisoners of war were held nearby during World War II. So much information to glean online!



 
The trails are pounded gravel and quite easy, especially for a novice like myself. There were a few mountain bikers out on the trails and families with children making a morning of it.

 



The crevice above was a rocky climb up and through to reveal the whole of downtown Phoenix.





Gorgeous, right? The younger me used to dream of a real life such as this. Blissful marriage (check), loving family (check), career (blech), and unmitigated joy from sun-up to sun-down (mostly.) Living here in Phoenix with my hubby - I have it all, I truly do. I've never received an Academy Award, a Grammy, a Nobel Peace Prize, a pay-raise, or recognition for being a fantastic toilet bowl cleaner. But this is my real life and I love it.

My real life self...

Wakes up every morning by 7am with a sun-shiney smile.
 
 
 
I tidy the house,
Read a few books, blogs, papers, and magazines.
 
 
 
 
Most days I research new travel ideas.
 
 

 
 
I Facebook, Tweet, Instagram, play a few games and
 
Phone my mom.
 

 
Hanging out with good friends is a pleasure and
Exercising is not! (but a necessity to be sure.)
 
Volunteering at a local school keeps me busy.
 
Around here I'm also known as the Pool Boy, Yard Man, Housekeeper, Chef, CFO,
Wife, Mom, Auntie, Sister, and Grandmama to a couple of sweet pups!


 
 
I'm blessed with good health and know that I'm living the real life of my dreams.
 
 
Living My Real Life
:) Deb


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! Guess I know you to be all those things.... but I like to call you Sister!

    ReplyDelete