Tuesday, April 5, 2022

The Magic of Disney!

 I truly believe I am the luckiest girl on earth. 

Winter 2022 had me visiting Walt Disney World... 

Not once, but twice!!!

(And let me just say that I could get used to this!)

First up - a January surprise trip with my hubby. We stayed at the Yacht Club, which is walking distance to both EPCOT and The Disney Studios. It's a perfect location and I adore the ambiance. I would stay here again without question. 

This was the first month without The Magical Express transportation to our lodging. We went ahead and booked the alternate bus transportation through Mears and it appeared to be the exact same buses with the same exact drivers. However... the magic isn't there. Sad to say. 




But the magic was everywhere else. 
Cinderella's Castle is as gorgeous as ever, sunset lit here at the Magic Kingdom.




Walt Disney World is in full swing with their Golden 50th Anniversary.
Chip and Dale, the little cuties, are here in all their golden splendor! 
There are sweet statuettes throughout all four parks ~ 
Some in plain sight, and some a little harder to spot. 
Look up for Abu as you are headed into Adventureland. 




Some of the Christmas decorations were still around and we loved that. Notice we were still masked in January. Covid-19 wasn't completely gone, and Disney had not changed their mask requirements. Additionally, and surprisingly, it was VERY crowded. 
Jeff booked this week primarily because it is typically a very slow time to enjoy the 
Magic that is Walt Disney World. 
Well... with Covid, and cancelled vacations, home schooling and two years of shutdowns, we saw that every attraction, every eatery, every shop, every bus, every bit of space that held a human was packed! This was just about the most crowded I have ever seen in WDW in all the times we have visited 
Over the last 25 years. 

Which really means... you never know. 
Could be crowds, could be weather, could be anything when you visit Walt Disney World. 





Now - enough of that - we had the BEST time! 
We saw everything we wanted to see and were surprised that we lucked out with the weather.
The food was wonderful, and weight was definitely gained, even with all that walking. 
It was absolutely gorgeous!





Speaking of Yummy Food - I have had to be super judicious about my dairy-free existence.
But, lo and behold, this delectable Dole Whip Treat came in a beautiful coconut-milk alternative. 
Same creamy frozen dessert with a wonderful mango-pineapple juice and get this...
A Coconut Cake Pop on top!! 
It was a highlight for us both.

Other food highlights ~
Il Molino in the Swan Hotel
The Edison at Disney Springs 
Cookies from Gideon's Bakehouse in Disney Springs (Oh. My. Land!) 
The Brown Derby Lounge at the Disney Studios
And a turkey leg from the American Pavilion at EPCOT




Yum!!




We learned a thing or two about getting to the parks as early as possible and minimized our wait times wherever we could. We did manage to refuse a 3-hour wait time for the most coveted ride at 
Disney Studios and chose to enjoy Toy Story Land instead. 
And, we Loved it!

And check this out...
I have NEVER beaten anyone on any of the interactive rides at any Disney Park EVER. 
But here is the proof that Player #1 (Me) beat Player #2 (Jeff) !!!







At the top of our To-Do List was to snag an early spot in line for the newest attraction at EPCOT ~ 
Ratatouille! 
So enjoyable!! This wonderful, zany, 3-D adventure is frantic fun for all ages. 




Cheers to a refreshing margarita at La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT!
 Thanks for trading with me Jeff! 






One of our favorite adventures is most definitely The Safari in Animal Kingdom.
I'm never gonna get to Africa at this late stage of my life, and this will have to do. 
And BTW - it DOES do (for me anyway!) 
I love seeing the animals in these huge roaming habitats that are safely cared for by the wonderful Conservation groups at Walt Disney World. 



A fabulous week of fun - 
Thanks to my Wonderful Husband!! 


And then....
Off to Walt Disney World in February with my beloved daughter for the
Disney Princess 10K!! 
We stayed at Coronado Springs and we loved it. 
I had never stayed here, but my DD had stayed here on her honeymoon a few years back.
It's gorgeous, relaxing, beautiful, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this space. 
It'll stay on my list for future visits for sure.. 




We are true Disney Fans and enjoy every chance we get to visit Walt Disney World 
or Disneyland, for that matter. My DD looks amazing here 
(even though it was surprisingly hot and very humid!) 
Like I typed above - you never know about the weather. 






I mean, Miss Piggy looks pretty good herself!




We could not pass up another chance to visit La Cava del Tequila - 
Refreshing margaritas and Efficient Friendly Service here!
P.S. Order the specialty margarita created by Neil Patrick Harris. It's sublime. 




I just finished reading the most recent memoir from Michael J Fox and it was not only well-written but Surprisingly honest and tender-hearted. When in Disney, I must photograph that which I love. 




The reason we came to WDW this particular week was for the Disney Princess 10K. We've participated a few times before - but this was the first time we walked together. And when I say "walk" I do mean 
Walk! Thanks for hanging with me through the humidity of the early morning. 
I really did have a blast with you my dear daughter! 




Before the sun came up... and then again afterwards!






So cute. So fun. So Disney. 
We learned a lot on this trip about rope-dropping, long lines, the benefit of a good hat, sunscreen (in February!) and how much an old lady's hips can hurt at the end of a long day and night tromping around the Magical Lands of Walt Disney World. 
I wouldn't trade a single thing. 

Oh, and we ate. Yes we did.
We loved:
Via Napoli in the Italian Pavilion at EPCOT (Truly loved the branzino!)
The Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom (so good!)
Another one of those Dole Whips please!
And The Brown Derby at The Disney Studios 

This really was a magical visit for me - both times!
Every park was staffed with friendly operators, the lights were twinkling at dusk, and it was 
Just about as magical as it ever was. Sure, there are some hiccups, and some tweaks to fix as time goes On - but at the end of the night, it was fantastic. 

After all we've seen and been through in the last two years with everything Covid-19, 
I am especially grateful for our health and the ability to travel. 
I'll mask up when I need to and sanitize my hands like nobody's business to stay healthy.
Everyone in my family is vaccinated and boosted and we love each other for it all.




Until next time!!
:) Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment