Saturday, February 10, 2018

Birthdays! Birthdays!


Celebrating is always in fashion. Take January for instance. My siblings and I got together in California to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. The weather was absolutely perfect in sunny Southern California ... wandering along the beachfront in Redondo Beach and enjoying each other's company. What a crew...




Kris (my niece), my mom Carolyn, my sister Karen, me, and my brother Greg

We had a great time visiting the Huntington Gardens (which after 35 years in California) I had never before visited. These gardens magically melded from one to the next - Chinese, Japanese, Desert, Australian, Camelia, Bamboo, and more. 






The statuary and art complexes were fabulous! 
You can visit the Huntington Gardens website at www.huntington.org for more information. 

A drive around the Palos Verdes Peninsula lent us an opportunity to visit the Korean Bell of Friendship. This massive and very cool icon was a gift to the people of Los Angeles from the people of the Republic of Korea in 1976 to honor those lives lost in the Korean War and to cement a true friendship between countries. 




Did you honestly think there wouldn't be a cemetery???
This lovely bit of L.A. is the county's oldest and is located near the Mission San Gabriel. 




I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Hamilton, the Musical to Gammage Auditorium. It finally arrived and we so enjoyed the production - great music, beautiful costumes, fantastic choreography, and an absolutely delightful evening with these two. 



How Lucky We Are to Be Alive Right Now!!




Speaking of Lucky - How Lucky am I to have this gal as one of my best pals??
Nice wander near the Arizona Waterfalls (again... NEVER been here before!!) 
Enjoyed this day immensely and the back side of water below. 




The Celebration Continues with Arizona's Birthday! 

Jeff and I headed out to 
Wesley Bolin Plaza in downtown Phoenix 
(Again - I have NEVER been here!) Shame on me. 

Check out some of the fabulous monuments and memorials



Another symbol of friendship between The People's Republic of Korea and the city of Phoenix 
(that's TWO Korean Friendship Bells in less than one month for me!) 


The Bill of Rights


Code Talkers Memorial 


Father Eusebio Kino Monument 


Enduring Freedom Memorial 


The Arizona Capitol Building & Museum 



Flag from the USS Arizona (within the Capitol Museum) 

I recommend a picnic lunch and a visit to the Plaza, or stop over on a Thursday mid-day when the Farmer's Market ropes you in with delicious Food Trucks and local foodie delights. 


 I am so grateful for this little bug in my life. Her parents make me so proud of the way they are taking care of business. Bravo Mike & Maria - Your baby girl is the luckiest little chica around. xoxoxo

Next Up... 
Kauai, Hawaii ... cannot wait!!!
:) Deb 








No comments:

Post a Comment