Thursday, March 19, 2015

People Spend $$ On What They Want...

The neighbors have a couple of timeshares in California. My cousins have RV's and boats. Some of our friends have bigger houses and large-screen TV's. I know a few people with a Starbucks obsession so compelling their checking accounts dwindle daily. My own brother, Greg, drives a Porsche!


Greg and Mom


People spend their money on what they want. Always. People wisely spend their money on exactly what they want. My mom and I talk about this all the (stinkin') time, reminding ourselves of this fact when we're green with envy regarding others' material possessions. How can people afford this or that? What DO they spend all their money on? I seriously shouldn't care and I don't. Because I know what I like to do with my little wads of cash.





Looking down the road apiece, I see what I really truly want.





I want to see the world, experiencing the richness of other cultures. I want to taste the divine inspiration of food from around the globe, and investigate ornate churches and museums. I want to stroll through downtowns and along boardwalks, and sail upon the great blue oceans of the world.
Hooked on travel - Yes I am!


 





My family didn't travel so very much when I was younger. A couple of camping trips to Bass Lake were enjoyable, and a memorable trip to the Grand Canyon whetted my appetite for a lifetime of travel.


Bass Lake & Yosemite

The Shelton Family at the Grand Canyon circa 1973


Luckily Mr. Smith agrees with me and made me the CEO of Smith shenanigans and family fun.





Measuring our ideas of what we need versus what we want or where we want to go is a habitual weekend pastime. Our list grows each year with Belgium topping the docket of ideas for 2016. Can't wait for that one!! Beer and chocolate anybody??

But will there be enough money? Will we see the world before we run out of cash or will we be stymied in our retirement. No need to worry just yet. There's plenty of affordable travel action out there just waiting to be investigated and conquered.





From tent-camping to cruising and everything in between, we'll think of something.
Won't you join us?



Maybe we'll see you in Berlin...



Or tripping in a salty pond...

Or motoring through Minneapolis or Disneyland...


Riding Segways in Chicago...  where I bought a Segway handle!
Or relaxing in the gorgeous backyards of Charleston.



The more the merrier I always say!!

Life is Good!
Cheers,
:) Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment