Friday, October 11, 2013

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon

My sweet Erin has decided to run a few 1/2 marathons this year and I'm along for the ride. Literally. I get up early and watch her joyously take off for a lively 13.5 mile run. Then I power walk to a few spots along the way so I can witness her cross various mile markers. SO MUCH FUN! The latest escapade happened at Disneyland and while she ran the 1/2, I ran the 5K. Well... I almost ran. But I finished and bettered my time from February at the Princess 5K in Walt Disney World. Erin received two medals as she completed her 'Round the World Journey this year.

 
 
This visit was kind of a treat for us as we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the very first time ever. The convenience of staying on property is phenomenal and the lodging was quite good. It's Disney, for goodness' sakes. Our favorite thing about the hotel was bedtime when we pushed a little button near the desk lamp and the headboard lit up with fireworks and played "When You Wish Upon a Star." What a lovely way to say good night.
 

It's kinda hard to tell from this pic but believe me, it's adorable. Prices were pretty fair at the Disneyland Hotel for Labor Day Weekend. The food at the onsite quick serve was average, but Downtown Disney is right there for your pleasure. We loved the choices and shared breakfast at La Brea Bakery, and dinner at Tortilla Joe's. Both were delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to come back and stay right on property again. If I had a bundle of $$$ though, I'd probably try the Grand Californian. Maybe next time....


... Deb
May the Mouse be with you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment