Friday, August 12, 2011

Our To-Do List

It's summertime here in the desert and the soaring temps and sweltering humidity are melting my skin off. Really. Hmmmm...

Can I imagine instead a small coastal bungalow along the Pacific with a swing on the porch and glorious afternoon breezes wafting in with the scent of the sea? Or... lazing on my balcony aboard a cruise ship as we meander through the narrows of the Inside Passage on our way to Alaska?
Why yes, I can! And that my friends is what gets me through days like today.

Many people I know have a bucket list. But, there is no way that I want to picture myself kickin' the bucket anytime soon. I have yet to taste all this gorgeous world has to offer. Ours is just a plain old "to-do" list and it's filled with all the worldly exploits we'd like to savor together.

We like to eat and drink, we love museums and amusement parks, and we enjoy soaking up the culture of every locale. Half the fun of every trip we take is the dreaming and planning. I pore over resources in books, magazines, and online in anticipation of our next great adventure. Our itineraries are masterpieces (in my mind) though we follow them in a haphazard manner delighting in unforeseen and unexpected fun.

Though these will seem pedestrian to many I truly look forward to accomplishing every single item on our To-Do List.

* Hike or raft the Grand Canyon. A stretch, to be sure at this age, but it's on the list nonetheless.

* Visit Switzerland and wait for the clouds to come inside. (Thanks Erin!) Our good friends are on their way to Geneva for a two-year stint and we are sure to make this one happen.

* See the Big Jesus in Rio or Portugal. Hubby does NOT want to go to Rio. I love Port anyway.

* Visit a famous waterfall - Niagara or Victoria or Angel or Yosemite - any one will do.

* Take a chocolate bubble bath in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

* Visit the Mouse in Tokyo, China, or France.

* Watch the sun set in Key West, Florida.... Grand Cayman would also do nicely here.

* Drink a mint julep at the Kentucky Derby while wearing a stunning hat.

*Attend a NASCAR race in the South. Better have a cold Bud while we're at it.

* See the Northern Lights.

* Take a hop-on, hop-off train trip across Canada.

* Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Brooklyn Bridge too. Ice cream awaits :)

* Eat a brownie in Amsterdam. Oh, and see the terrific art, windmills, and tulips as well.

* Sip to our hearts content throughout all of France. Bastille Day possibly??

* Italy - every single bit of it.

* Belgium chocolate, oh and Brugges for sure.

* Visit every single National Park in the United States.

* And lastly ... a world cruise if and only IF I can take a Bonine every day for 120 days!!

Of course there will be more or what is life to live for?
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment